Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Pink for boys?


I did some fast talking in the store today when buying the boys helmets. We almost came home with pink Dora helmets. I needed to take them with me to see what size they were (they have really big heads and needed the 5+ size even though they are 2) but once Dean saw the pink Dora helmet he just had to have that one...oh goodness. I knew that DH would not be happy with that purchase so I did some convincing that Lightning McQueen would be sooo cool! Then I realized there was only one. Ugh. I've got to go find another Lightning McQueen at a different store in town.

I decided we needed some helmets even though the boys only ride low big wheels and plasma cars. We had our 3rd head injury yesterday. We play with our neighbors and sometimes they don't realize that they shouldn't push my boys fast on their riding toys.

I want to add that I don't have a problem with the boys wearing pink (we even have a play kitchen even though that stressed my father out) and my husbands favorite tie is pink but I thought a pink Dora helmet was just a bit too much.

No comments: