Thursday, January 6, 2011

Resolutions For My House in 2011

I have some goals for 2011. I need to do a little updating to our home. We moved into this house in Sept 2009 from a home that we had custom built. This one was not built by us so it is more difficult than normal to make it feel like our own.

1. Have can lighting intalled in our family room. It is extremely dark in there with only one light from the ceiling fan.
2. At the same time have the electrician change our our ceiling fan. It is a 2 story ceiling so I'm going to have them do it since they will have tall enough ladders.
3. Built-ins or furniture pieces in our Master Bedroom. Somehow a coffee table has been "stored" in our room and my husband puts his laptop on it. We have lots of random boxes still in our room from moving in and we need a place for everything.
4. Have old dining room hutch painted. Decide where I want to use it. Either in the dining room or use the bottom half as game/toy storage in our loft/playroom.
5. New chandelier over our kitchen table.

I've probably forgotten a few things but these are at the top of my mind. I went and looked at ceiling fans yesterday. That is the first piece of the puzzle for the lighting changes.

What do you have planned?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I would love to do our living room over...but it isn't to be yet. I will install more hooks in our laundry room, however, and mouse traps in the garage, mend the screens and fence in the vegetable garden.